Curved gaming monitors are flooding the market. This implies that selecting the best among them has become overwhelming for many individuals, especially getting an excellent curved gaming monitor for under 300 dollars.
Therefore, I took my time to inform you of what to look out for when shopping for gaming monitors.
- 1 Factors to Consider when Buying a Curved Monitor
- 2 FAQ
- 3 So, what is the Best Curved Gaming Monitor Under 300?
- 4 Other Curved Gaming Monitors under 300 to Consider
- 5 Conclusion
Factors to Consider when Buying a Curved Monitor
The kind of curved monitor you take home will be determined by the negotiations you make and your budget. However, before settling for the cheapest one that seems to satisfy your needs, ensure that it is serviceable and last for a reasonable number of years.
Therefore, I would advise you to consider getting a slightly expensive panel that will serve you satisfactorily for years without fail. On the flip side, price does not dictate quality.
So, before you go for the most expensive monitor thinking that it will last long enough, make sure to consider other factors.
It is measured in Hertz (Hz), and it defines how many pictures the monitor can upload in a second. The number of frames that a graphics card can render in a second determines the number of images you will see on your monitor.
A monitor with a refresh rate of 144Hz is the most recommendable for gaming.
Nonetheless, you will need a high graphics card to maintain that refresh rate. For instance, even if your monitor is 144Hz, but your graphics card is 60Hz, then you will only see 60 pictures in a frame.
Unlike what many people think, response time is not the delayed output of the monitor. Response time refers to the time taken by a crystal in the LCD panel to spin and land in the right position.
In other terms, it is how fast an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) panel can change from one image to the other.
Poor response time for a gaming monitor slows down the process of changing from one picture to another during gameplay. When this process is slow, you might see the previous image’s shadows, sometimes referred to as “ghosting”. This is not a good thing.
On the other hand, a high response time gives more precise and sharper pictures. If you play fast-paced games, a response time of 1ms is enough. For those that need better color performance, a monitor with a 4ms response time is acceptable.
Resolution refers to the clarity and beauty of the images on your monitor. High resolution gives more beautiful pictures. However, a high-resolution monitor might be expensive and will require a more powerful graphics card.
There are three types of panels depending on their technology: Twisted Nematic (TN), Vertical Alignment (VA), and In-Place Switching (IPS). All three technologies have their benefits and downsides. TN is the cheapest of all, followed by VA and IPS is the most expensive.
Nevertheless, it is possible to find a TN display with better resolution time and lower latency than an IPS display.
VA monitors can have a better refresh rate, visual angles, and color accuracy. Besides costing more and having higher latency, IPS screens have better color reproduction management and viewing angles than TN panels.
Size of the Monitor
Size is a significant consideration when shopping for a curved gaming monitor under 300. I could say that as a gamer, you want a display that will not force you to stay away from your screen.
Sometimes, monitors may seem small when playing from a sofa, but they will appear very big when you are close.
Then, which is the ‘best’ size? Ideally, there is no specific size for a gaming monitor. The size you pick from the market will be determined by your desk space and the effects of the brightness and images on other people in the room.
Can I use my big TV screen for gaming?
It is possible to have an HDMI connection from your PC to the TV. However, if your gaming will minimize other people’s freedom to spend time on the couch and watch TV, then I think you should stick to gaming on your PC.
Which is better between 240Hz and 144Hz?
Of course, a higher refreshment rate is always better. However, ensure that your graphics card can support a 240Hz refreshment rate.
Which is better curved and flat-screen gaming monitors?
Curved monitors enhance comfort and reduce eye strain during gameplay. This is because the eyes can take in everything at a go.
That is unlike the flat display where the gamer’s eyes could strain, especially if the screen is larger than the viewer’s field of view.
So, what is the Best Curved Gaming Monitor Under 300?
This is a 24-inch non-glare curved monitor from MSI’s Optix G24C series. Of all the other curved panels, this is the one I strongly recommend for those looking for a curved gaming monitor that costs less than 300 dollars.
Its resolution is 1920 X 1080 full HD, implying that its display is clear and beautiful. This monitor’s refresh rate stands at 144Hz, making it among the best monitors for gaming. With a view angle of 178 degrees, your eyes will not strain.
It comes with Adaptive sync that prevents its screen from tearing away. The monitor has three video ports (HDMI, DVI, and Display Port), and its panel technology is Vertical Alignment. Its response time is 1ms, making the monitor perfect for fast-paced games.
With its curved screen and high contrast, the images and colors delivered by the MSI Full HD gaming monitor are outstanding and exemplary. Small adjustments that enhance color accuracy also contribute to the production of the best pictures from this monitor.
- Vertical Alignment technology for better refresh rate
- Low input lag
- It is relatively cheap, going for about $215 on Amazon
- The eyes do not strain due to the expansive view angle
- The LED widescreen offers a better viewing
- HDMI port enables the monitor to be connected to a TV screen
- Clear images and beautiful colors due to their high resolution and contrast
- Its size of 24 inches is perfect for an outstanding gaming experience
- Color adjustments improve the quality of the pictures
- There is a need for calibration
- It does not turn on either left or right side
Other Curved Gaming Monitors under 300 to Consider
This, too, is a 24-inch curved gaming monitor from the G1 Series that uses Vertical Alignment technology. It is one of the best additions to the gaming monitors market from the OAC brand. With an aggressive curvature, this monitor has a 1920 X 1080 full HD resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate. This means that its pictures are clear and of high quality.
It can be adjusted in height to the convenience of the gamer. The response rate of the monitor is one millisecond, which is quite good for gaming purposes. It also comes with AMD FreeSync, and its design is 3-sided and frameless.
The monitor has one Display Port, 2 HDMI (1.4), and VGA inputs for connecting audio cables. It also comes with a strict 4-year warranty. In the warranty, three years cover zero-bright-dot and advance replacement, while one year covers accidental damages.
Its viewing angle is 178 degrees for horizontal and vertical viewing and has a feature for reducing blurriness during gameplay. Its ultra-narrow borders enable the gamer to conduct several setups simultaneously.
- It has a beautiful color consistency
- The monitor has a matte screen
- Ideal for gamers who prefer FPS games
- Beautiful pictures due to its high resolution and refresh rate of 144Hz
- It comes with audio output ports
- The viewing angle of 178 degrees prevents the gamer’s eyes from straining
- Its adjustable height enhances the monitor’s ergonomics
- The package comes with a 4-year warranty that includes a 1-year warranty for accidental damage
- It has a Flicker Free feature that protects the gamer in long gaming sessions
- Poor quality color
- It does not have speakers or USB ports
Unlike the two described above, this one differs a little bit in that it is a 27-inch monitor. It is from the XG270QC series of the ViewSonic brand. Its resolution is 1440p QHD, a refresh rate of 165Hz, and a 1500R curvature. Its 1ms response time combined with PureXP blur reduction technology drastically improves image clarity during fast-paced gaming.
The AMD Free Sync technology in this monitor ensures that the gameplay goes smoothly even in the fastest scenes. It comes with a feature series called ELITE Design Enhancements (EDE) that enhances how a gamer organizes and sets up their gameplay. EDE consists of a built-in mouse anchor, a headphone hook, RGB lighting, and a strong metal base.
The package includes a 3-year limited warranty, and you get connected with the company’s customer service team based in the United States. The monitor can be used conveniently for fast-paced games due to its high response time and the AMD FreeSync technology.
- Clear and quality images from a resolution of 1440p and a refresh rate of 165Hz
- 3-year limited warranty
- Smooth gameplay with an ultra-fast response time of 1ms
- Inbuilt stereo speakers improve the multimedia experience
- Its design is compatible with VESA mounts
- The adjustable stand enhances the monitor’s ergonomics and the comfort of the gamer
- It is compatible with laptops, PCs, PlayStation, Xbox, and Macs, among others
- The built-in mouse bungee helps you in the setup
- Minimum latency and high dynamic range visuals courtesy of AMD FreeSync Premium Pro
- The monitor is expensive as compared to the other two above
Coming from the Dell company, this 27-inch curved gaming monitor is also worth mentioning in this article. It comes in a new and bold design that makes it stand out from the rest. Its vivid visuals give you a remarkable gaming experience.
The 1500R curvature produces an outstanding field of vision to give you that anticipated clear view. The monitor comes with an ultrathin bezel that helps you immerse deeply in the gameplay with minimal distractions.
The bezel is three-sided to increase the surface area. With its 1ms Moving Picture Response Time (MPRT), you can be assured of maneuvering even the fastest scenarios in the game and eliminating motion blurriness.
Its 144Hz refresh rate is a breathtaking feature that allows pictures, actions, and images to be seen clearly to counteract your enemies better.
The Dell gaming monitor uses NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync technologies to minimize screen tearing and stutters that could distort the graphics.
It uses CRT display technology, and its resolution is 1080p full HD. The monitor has one DisplayPort and one HDMI port.
- The vents on the back enhance proper heat dispersal
- Adjustment in height and tilt increases comfort during gaming
- The flicker-free feature enhances the viewing experience
- Three user-defined profiles enable customization and personalization
- Eye strain is minimized by the ComfortView feature that reduces the emission of hazardous blue light
- The use of a joystick and buttons on the back helps you navigate and manage the on-screen display (OSD)
- The package does not include a warranty
As more people embrace computer gaming as a hobby, competition in the market is getting stiffer by day. Manufacturers are burning the midnight oil to come up with the most sophisticated accessories for gaming.
Many gamers are advancing from the traditional flat screens and are now aiming at getting a curved gaming monitor. With the above description, you can make an informed decision on the monitor that fully satisfies your needs.